4 Peloton alternatives with cheaper subscription fees
Peloton isn’t the only home fitness solution. These alternatives will save you money on monthly subscription fees.
- Peloton has lowered the price of its equipment, but the brand is preparing to increase its monthly subscription.
- If you want to train at home and pay less for new equipment or save money on monthly subscription fees, you might consider a Peloton alternative.
Peloton’s popularity skyrocketed during the pandemic. The brand promoted its exercise equipment and fitness classes as a way for people to stay active without leaving home.
The fitness company recently announced that it will lower the price of its equipment. However, subscribers will see an increase in their monthly subscription fees starting June 1.
Looking for a way to exercise at home without paying Peloton prices?
We’ll outline a few Peloton alternatives that won’t leave your bank account empty.
How much does Peloton gear cost?
You might be wondering how much it will cost to own a Peloton bike or treadmill.
The brand recently lowered the price of its equipment, so they are now more affordable. But that doesn’t mean the prices are cheap.
Here is a price breakdown:
- the peloton bike now costs $1,195 (was $1,495). Buyers must also pay a $250 equipment delivery and installation fee.
- the Peloton Bike+ now costs $1,995 (was $2,495). Delivery and installation of the equipment are included at no additional cost.
- the Peloton tread now costs $2,345 (was $2,495). Buyers must also pay a $350 equipment delivery and installation fee.
How much does a Peloton subscription cost?
In addition to purchasing the equipment, you will need to pay a monthly subscription.
To use the screen attached to your equipment and benefit from all the features offered, you will need to pay for an all-access subscription.
For US users, the monthly fee is $39 until May 31. Starting June 1, the new monthly price for US users will be $44. So you’re looking at $528 per year to use your new equipment.
One way to save money is to pay for the Peloton app subscription.
This has a monthly cost of $12.99. However, you won’t get all the same features as the all-access subscription. You’ll also need to stream the workouts to a phone, tablet, or TV.
Cheaper alternatives to Peloton
If the Peloton price is too high for you, you can consider the following options:
1. Echelon Connect Bike EX-3
Equipment price: $1,199.99 (there is no screen or tablet attached to this bike)
Additional costs: $99.99 shipping or $198 for delivery and assembly
Registration fees: Several subscription options are available:
- Pay $34.99 per month for a monthly subscription.
- Pay $33.33 per month ($399.99 billed annually) for an annual subscription.
- Pay $29.16 per month ($699.99 billed every two years) for a two-year subscription.
2. Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycle
Equipment price: $999 (includes free shipping and 1-year JRNY Fitness Membership)
Additional costs: $149 home assembly fee
Registration fees: You’ll get one year of free programming, but then you’ll have to pay a subscription fee. If you choose to continue using the JRNY Fitness Membership, you will pay $19.99 per month or $149 per year.
You can also use another subscription:
- If you commit to the Peloton app subscription, you’ll pay $12.99 per month.
- Using the Zwift mobile app subscription will cost you $14.99 per month.
3. NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill
Equipment price: $1,899 (includes delivery of unassembled equipment outside your home)
Additional costs: $199 for assembly and installation in a room of your choice
Registration fees: Subscription fees vary depending on whether you are an individual or want multiple riders to use the equipment.
- Individuals can pay $15 per month or $180 per year.
- A family subscription costs $39 per month or $33 per month for the annual subscription ($396 billed annually).
4. Bowflex C6 Bike
Equipment price: $999 (includes 1-year JRNY subscription)
Additional costs: $99 shipping OR $99 shipping + $129 home installation
Registration fees: One year of free programming is included with the purchase of your bike. After that, you will need to invest in a subscription. If you want to continue using JRNY, you’ll pay $19.99 per month or $149 per year.
If you prefer, you can use a different subscription with this bike:
- A subscription to the Peloton app will cost you $12.99 per month.
- A subscription to the Zwift mobile app will cost you $14.99 per month.
Shop around before committing to expensive workout gear
Peloton may be a popular fitness brand, but it’s not the only home fitness solution to consider. If you shop around, you might be able to get a better deal on a new bike or treadmill, and you can also save money on subscription fees.
You should also consider whether you will be the only one using your new equipment or if other members of the household plan to share it.
Some brands offer individual subscription rates and family subscriptions. Peloton does not offer an individual full-access subscription plan for solo users.
If you’re hoping to save money in other areas of your life, check out our personal finance resources.
The best credit card wipes interest until the end of 2023
If you have credit card debt, transfer it to this top balance transfer card guarantees you an introductory APR of 0% until the end of 2023! Plus, you won’t pay any annual fees. These are just a few of the reasons why our experts consider this card a top choice to help you control your debt. Read the full The Ascent review for free and apply in just 2 minutes.